Mama Afrika Film Festival mission is to celebrate and showcase women in the arts. The mandate of the Festival is to:
- Facilitate interaction between women artists or creative and their audiences;
- Support and encourage women to join the creative industry.
- Increase the exposure of new creative works made by women or about women issues.
- Showcase women ‘s creative work to the Kenyan and international world for exposure.
- Provide opportunities for professional development.
- Provide a marketplace for the film industry.
- Develop and offer youth programs to develop the next generation of women creatives.
The Festival screens short, student, long feature and documentary films made by, or about women from all over the world. All genres and lengths are accepted. Mama Afrika will also invite women experts to hold short film-relevant workshops.